Not recommended to place the following things in their baggage
- bills and coins;
- documents and securities;
- fragile items and perishable foods.
Excess or oversize baggage
Each piece of checked baggage shall have proper packaging which preserves it during carriage and handling. Baggage with visible damage may be taken on carriage with the consent of the airline only. Damages shall be confirmed by the passenger’s signature when the baggage is documented for taking on carriage.
In case of excess baggage, the difference between the free baggage allowance and the weight of baggage presented for taking on carriage shall be paid as per the charges established by the airline at the airline’s ticket office.
At Strigino International Airport, you may use baggage wrapping services. Special stretch film will protect your baggage from dirt, unauthorized access and self-opening. Our professional team will wrap your baggage in less than 1 minute.
Packaging in air-bubble film
According to Art. 108 of the Air Code of the Russian Federation, “the airline is liable for the loss, shortage of or damage to baggage after the baggage is accepted for air transportation and before it is delivered to the passenger.”
If your luggage has been lost or damage, go to the Lost & Found Office team in the baggage claim area of Domestic Flight Terminal A and International Flight Terminal B to report such am loss or damage.
Upon a written application of the passenger, a member of the Lost & Found Office team takes the following measures in order to return your baggage:
- sends a request for baggage to the airport of departure;
- sends requests to the airport where the baggage could have been delivered by mistake;
- sends a request for dispatch of the baggage, if it is found.
A passenger may claim compensation for visible damage to the baggage only. A passenger may not claim compensation for damage to the contents of the baggage.
The following transportation documents shall be attached to the claim for damage to the passenger baggage:
- air ticket (boarding pass and/or electronic ticket itinerary receipt);
- claim ticket
- airline’s special certificate of damage with detailed description of the damages to baggage (to be documented upon addressing the baggage tracing team).
If your baggage is missing or damaged, you need to contact the Lost & Found personnel in the baggage claim area and report the incident immediately after you detects that your baggage is damaged or missing, submitting relevant documents (your boarding pass and baggage tags) and your identity document.
Please keep your flight documents, in particular, your boarding pass and baggage tag claim ticket.
A Property Irregularity Report (PIR) reference number will be assigned upon a written application of a passenger on the basis of flight documents. You can check the PIR reference number status by performing the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the relevant airline by clicking on the airline logo below.
- Once you are on the airline official website, select “Check the baggage tracing status”
- To view information about your delayed baggage in a special window, please specify:
- baggage tracing file — PIR, 10 letters and numbers
- your surname in Latin characters
- click “Submit”.
Make sure that the data you have entered into the system are correct. If the application data (name, surname, phone number, address, or baggage description) is to be changed (corrected), or if you have any questions about your baggage tracing, please call the number listed on the PIR.
Baggage status check
Please note: Lost baggage is traced within 21 days upon application.
Contact your airline and raise a written claim. The decision on compensation in money and the sum thereof is made by the airline based on the provisions of the Air Code of the Russian Federation, the Warsaw Convention and the regulatory documents of the relevant Airline.